About Me

My photo
No, I'm some OTHER Anthony Anderson, not the one you might have seen in movies or on Law & Order. In addition to short stories in "Twisted Dreams", "Horrotica", and "The Nubian Chronicles"; I am also the author of "The Vile, Sinister, and Most Utterly Diabolical Account of Latrina Emerson" currently available at Amazon.com or at lulu.com I'm also part of The Gothic Creatives administrated by Andrea Dean von Scoyoc.

Saturday, August 6, 2011

The Gods Must Be High

In "Chaos and Cyber Culture", Timothy Leary related how he liked to write letters to the editors while pretended as best he could to be a conservative and highlight some of the loonier aspects of the far right.  Note that this book came out in 1994, well over a decade before Stephen Colbert.

Just this morning, I checked out Reason's "Hit and Run" blog about Standard and Poor's Downgrading of the United States Government's credit rating and took note of the comments.  Apparently, the tactics seems to be employed by people of various political and philosophical alignment.  Who's progressive, who's conservative, who's just pretending to be on "the other side" (whatever that's supposed to mean) and who really is that plain "nutty" (whatever definition the reader chooses to use)?  As for me, I'm not 100% sure I know and not even 100% sure I care.

Timothy Leary lives, people.




 

No comments: