About Me

My photo
No, I'm some OTHER Anthony Anderson, not the one you might have seen in movies or on Law & Order. In addition to short stories in "Twisted Dreams", "Horrotica", and "The Nubian Chronicles"; I am also the author of "The Vile, Sinister, and Most Utterly Diabolical Account of Latrina Emerson" currently available at Amazon.com or at lulu.com I'm also part of The Gothic Creatives administrated by Andrea Dean von Scoyoc.

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The Afflac Duck Peruses the Family Album

(Previously posted on MySpace July 17, 2009)
One of the tricky things about good satire is that often people miss the point that its making FUN of the thing its portraying (just like, in my opinion, too many people miss the point that the video game Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas was a satire of the 1990s--and a damn good one[also in my opinion]) So its something of an irony that "Disco Duck" became a hit for Rick Dees and His Band of Idiots among lovers of Disco (the very thing the song of which the song is making fun) instead of among the (then) growing number of people who thought (and mostly still think) Disco sucked.


© Copyright 2006-2010 Anthony Anderson

No comments: